Monday, June 22, 2015

Fitness Universe Weekend

I always promised myself, and you my readers, that I would be honest and unedited in my writing. So, it would be dishonest for me to say I was pleased or excited about the outcome of my trip to Miami for Fitness Universe Weekend. In fact, I was incredibly disappointed. Not because I didn't place or win, but because I was not able to meet my high, personal expectations and attain my goals. It is not often that I go after something I really want in life and don't achieve it.

Competition was steep in my category and the winners, including my teammate Karye, looked incredible and should have won. Do I think the judging was fair? Yes. This is a subjective sport so judges all have their own "perfect standard" of how the ideal candidate should look. There was a certain look they wanted and I was not it this time. That's okay.  I cannot control what other people think nor am I going to change my physique or look for every competition hoping I get it right for the next one. Rather, I will continue to build on what I have to achieve the body I want. And really, that is all that matters because I am the one that has to live in it. 

Despite the disappointment, there were some very positive things that did occur. I brought the best total package I have thus far. I felt completely put together and beautiful in my custom bikinis and costumes that were made by AGame Fitness. I did the best spotlight walks I have ever done. This was validated by my coach, my former coach who was also a judge, and my teammates. Moreover, I felt really good about it. I knew my walks were good and, when I watched the video, it confirmed I was right. That just builds my confidence for the next competition. 

Every experience in life provides us with an opportunity to learn and that is how I view this past weekend. Going forward, I will continue to work on a better and  tighter physique. Next time, I will look so good and perform so well, I won't be ignored. That's just how it is going to be. 

XOXO,

Carrie

2 comments:

  1. You looked amazingly beautiful and perfectly confident, smoother than I have ever seen you! You Rocked that stage like you meant it and that's what matters at this point, you left no rock unturned

    ReplyDelete